How Your Students Can Help
You can help your students help kids halfway around the world by participating in a Sweet Sleep INSOMNIA event. At INSOMNIA, your students will stay up all night to experience the lack of comfortable sleep millions of orphans suffer through every night. Students can see how many beds they can provide by getting pledges from friends and family while raising awareness of the needs of orphaned and abandoned children.
- $8 provides a mosquito net to orphans in Africa or Haiti.
- $10 provides a Bible to an orphan in his or her language.
- $50 provides a bed and bedding for orphan resettlement kits in northern Uganda.
- $125 provides a healthy, comfortable new Sweet Sleep bed for a child in Africa.
- $167 provides a complete Sweet Sleep bed for an orphan in Haiti.
- $200 provides a comfy Sweet Sleep bed for a Moldovan orphan.
- Flexible! You pick your dates, your schedule and your time frame for collecting donations. Camp mission project, lock-in/all-nighter, Sunday School missions emphasis – any time is a good time to engage your students in ministering to orphans. Schedules vary from a 12-hour evening event with a midnight worship experience to an entire weekend of no sleep to raise awareness of orphans who have no place to sleep sweetly. We’ll help you customize an event that fits your church calendar and the interests and schedules of your students.
- Easy! Once you pick your dates, we’ll get you the materials you need to get your students excited about attending INSOMNIA as well as program elements for your event including videos, promotional pieces, missions moments, Bible studies and more.
- Effective. More than likely, every student in your church has a bed and can relate to a child or student their age that needs a clean, comfortable place to sleep. INSOMNIA partners have raised thousands of dollars for beds for orphans. How much can your students raise? You’ll be amazed how your students connect with helping other students sleep sweetly.
"INSOMNIA was a great excuse to get my students out of their comfort zones and see that there are students in other parts of the world who are suffering. Our event was on Halloween night -- making it even more fun to stay up all night, eat lots of candy and learn about the needs of orphaned and abandoned children! We used the night as a kick-off to a 6 week campaign to raise money for beds and our students loved the chance to spend their holiday season thinking about the needs of others."
- Nic Allen, Student Pastor, Rolling Hills Community Church
For more information or to schedule your INSOMNIA event, call 615.730.7671 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not up for all-nighters anymore? There are lots of ways you and your students can meet the needs of orphans around the world. Your students can pray for orphans, give money for beds or go on a mission trip to a Third World country to build beds. To find out more about engaging your students or your church as a whole in ministry to orphans, visit www.sweetsleep.org.